Since I started doing draft analysis I have been interested in ways that I could supplement the data I had from the box scores and demographic data to help better predict NBA success. A good amount of this comes from scouts, including high school ranks, draft board rank, and specific trait ratings. That reflects my thoughts that analytic models should be complementary with scouting, not a substitute.
- Hit at least 50% of his two pointers
- Hit 30% of his three pointers
- Score 18 points per 40 minutes
- Get 1.3 steals per 40 minutes,
- Get a sum of 7 in rebounds, steals and blocks per 40
- Have an assist to turn over ratio of at least .8